When you walk the grounds of Longmeadow Farm it’s amazing to think that it all began from the compassionate act to save the life of one retired race horse. But what may have started as a hobby has turned into a labor of love where only the best is acceptable for the horses in our care.
Our Amenities Include:
- Reasonable wrapping and blanketing, etc.
- Individual paddocks to reduce injury
- Premium bedding, hay, and grain
- Smart paks or bagged supplements added if you provide
- Feet picked and legs checked everyday
- Stalls cleaned twice a day and bedded
- Jump Ring and fenced outside ring for green horses
- Amazing manicured footing to drastically reduce leg injuries
- Huge indoor lighted arena which is open until 8pm every night
- Heated tack rooms, observation room, and bathroom
- Standard outdoor dressage arena with Euro-felt footing for accurate test practice
- Resident FEI Trainer and Grand prix rider to help you with your horse
- Weekend jumping instructor and school horses
Our large Indoor Arena (160 x 70) contains a world class footing that is maintained daily (dragged, raked and watered). The Indoor Arena also contains an overhead heat lamp to provide comfort for our focused trainers as well as our winter clinic audiences. The barn’s fire alarm system is tied directly into the local fire department.
Regulation sized dressage arena with built in watering system for perfect, dust-free footing
Outdoor ring and lunging ring are both lighted
Some of our other amenities include a heated tack and viewing room, heated bathroom, 2 indoor wash stalls, 2 tack up stalls, 19 stalls, and 17 paddocks.
Please join us on April 11 for an open house of Longmeadow Farm and The Scituate Riding School and help us welcome Debbie Kennon, our new riding instructor!